- The Critter Rescue SA website is owned and operated by Critter Rescue SA NPC, a non-profit company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2018/468272, which has its registered address at 12 Protea Street, Dalpark, Brakpan, 1541.
- Critter Rescue SA hereby elects 12 Protea Street, Dalpark, Brakpan, 1541, as its domicilium citandi et executandi for the service of all formal notices and legal processes emanating from these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Critter Rescue SA may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
- You hereby elect the delivery address specified with your order as your domicilium citandi et executandi, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving Critter Rescue SA not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post or email and must be drafted in English. All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification.
- In terms of point 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT) 25 of 2002 and the common law of contract, these terms and conditions are valid, binding and enforceable against all persons that access the Critter Rescue SA website. We may from time to time update or change terms without notice. You should check the terms and conditions periodically, as your continued use of the website will mean that you have accepted any revised terms.
- This agreement and the use of this website are governed by the laws of South Africa. Non-residents may use our website in order to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is in South Africa.
- You may browse or use our website for your own personal, private, educational, non-commercial and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent.
- We reserve the right to restrict use and access to our website or part thereof in the event of any unauthorised use; suspend our website or any part thereof; terminate an account at any time if we believe that the information supplied by the user is false or incomplete.
Registration & use of the website
- Only registered consumers may place orders for Goods & Services on Critter Rescue SA’s Website.
- You agree that your username and password shall:
- Only be used for personal use; and
- not to disclose any information by you to any third party.
- For security purposes and your consumer protection you agree that failing to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods or Services, failing which you will be denied access.
- Further you agree that, once your correct username and password have been entered, despite the use of the username and password is, you will be liable for payment of such order, unless if the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You undertake to notify Critter Rescue SA immediately upon gaining knowledge of or reasonably suspecting any fraudulent use of your username and password and to take reasonable steps to mitigate any loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are of 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and possess full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen), then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Critter Rescue SA representative.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as physical address and postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will, of course, only contact you if you have given us your express permission to do so.
- By providing your personal information on any of our online environments you agree to the following terms: I understand that by providing my personal details, I am agreeing to Critter Rescue SA NPC processing my information in order for me to have an enhanced shopping experience. I also agree that the information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose of which it was collected for and that Critter Rescue SA is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of my personal information at all times.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- The use of the Critter Rescue SA’s Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the website.
- Whilst Critter Rescue SA takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Critter Rescue SA makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website.
- Any views or statements made or expressed in writing or any other form placed on the Website are not necessarily the views and constitution of Critter Rescue SA, its directors, employees and/or agents which are associated with Critter Rescue SA.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Critter Rescue SA also makes no warranty or representation whatsoever, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses or harmful data files. Critter Rescue SA thus renounces all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever emanating from your access to or use of the Website.
- We will use reasonable channels to maintain the availability and stability of the Website, save for during scheduled maintenance periods, and Critter Rescue SA is entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you of any kind.
- Any failure to adhere to the Terms and Conditions will entitle Critter Rescue SA to deny or suspend your access to the website;
- At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to Critter Rescue SA.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and only used for its intended purpose.
- We will guarantee not to retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally deemed to be needed, save for we are so required by law.
- Whilst Critter Rescue SA will undertake to do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, however we cannot guarantee or accept any liability of any kind for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- All intellectual property on the website, including but not limited to content, trademark, trade names, logos, pictures, videos, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of the registered owners and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. No person may use logos, icons or trademarks from the website as hyperlinks or for other purposes without the owners’ consent.
- Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, Critter Rescue SA will not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever resulting from access or use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services. You hereby agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss, damage or claim that we may suffer as a result of your use of our website and/or its contents contrary to these terms.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.